Parish Westbrook
Parish Westbrook,
Experience:  Forklift field service mechanic at Thompson tractor

My Cat 248kid steer will start fine, but when I press the brake

Customer Question

My Cat 248kid steer will start fine, but when I press the brake button off, nothing happens. Like all hydraulics are dead.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Everything was working fine until I left it idle for a half hour. When I got back in none of the hydraulic controls would work. I noticed I was low on fluid so I added more but still have no hydraulic controls.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Only alarm I'm getting is the hydraulic alert. The hydraulic fan motor is operatibng however.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Parish Westbrook replied 5 months ago.
Believe that the coupler could be broken between the engine and the pump. Which the engine or the pump will have to pulled to be replaced
Do you have travel function cause they work off of the hydraulics to?
any update