Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling
6825259

Have a new Holland farm tractor, 2010 model t 5050. engine

Customer Question

have a new Holland farm tractor, 2010 model t 5050. engine serial # ***** 274 cid do you have the complete procedure to remove and install injection pump
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I want to remove the leaking injection pump and have it repaired
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this remove the valve cover , rotate engine to TDC, both valves loose on #1 cylinderif one is down and other up , rotate the engine 1 more full turn must have both up and loose , then you can pull the pumpI hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
WILL THIS I ALREADY NEW, THERE HAS TO BE A TIMING REFERENCE ON THE PUMP. DOES THE GEAR HAVE TO REMOVED OFF PUMP. THE PUMP IS MOUNTED ON THE BACK OF THE MOTOR , NEED COMPLETE STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE
Expert:  Wayne replied 9 months ago.
Hi No the gear stays on the pumpthe timing marks are on the gear when you pull the pump offand you will see that they are alignedwhen the pump comes back from the shop , they set it at #1 TDC
Customer: replied 9 months ago.