Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Yes JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about

Customer Question

JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: 304 cat stoped working
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: it only runs nothing moves we by passed safty switch on control arm still nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** the hydraulic filter for signs of metal/debris indicating a pump failure or component failure. If ok also confirm the pump drive coupling has not failed between the engine and pump causing the pump no to turn. Check the pilot safety valve and switch connected to the LH console that it is functioning anf opening up the pilot system for work. Let me know
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how do I check cuppler
What coupler are you referring to?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
and safty valve
Please post the complete model from the tag and the serial number so I can see what I have for schematics. As far as the drive coupling unbolt the charge pump and with the fuel disabled so the machine wont start, crank the engine over to see if the pump drive is turning with the engine. Let me know the serial number and tag info for the model so I can check on the schematics for the saftey valve
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok I will get back
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
vin cat03304dhtyk00900 2012 304d
Thanks for the information. Install a test gauge at the pump test port to see if you are getting any pressure readings at all from the pumps. That will be the quickest way to check the pump drive.Hydraulic SystemOperating Pressure - Equipment3553.0 psiDigging forces - stick (standard)4860.0 lbDigging force - stick (long)4385.0 lbDigging force - bucket8500.0 lbOperating Pressure - Travel3553.0 psiOperating Pressure - Swing2683.0 psiAuxiliary circuit - primary15.9 gal/minAuxiliary circuit - secondary7.2 gal/min
I have diagrams for the C series but not for the D. I am not sure what the changes are between the C and D series or how accurate the C diagrams would be. So you bypassed the switch in the LH console? the pilot manifold valve and solenoid should be in a valve block in the side compartment with an accumulator on it mounted to a bracket on the rear wall if the same as the C. If so verify power when working the safety switch. Also check the main relief for damaged o rings and sticking open from debris or damage in the main control valve beside the cab. Check those first and let me know.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Pleasure to help