Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I have a 4 cyl engine that has a 3 wire fule shut off vale.

Customer Question

I have a 4 cyl B engine that has a 3 wire fule shut off vale. The red wire is going to a start relay the white is going to a tattletale murphy shut down the black is ground. I have 14.5 volts going to it when running we have replaced the fuel shut off several times as they seem to burn up and shuting down this is on a water pump. Is their to much volts going to it thx
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this is a cummins engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Not too much voltage, but the solenoid needs to be adjusted so it is at full travel when engaged. If it does not go full travel, it will not go into the lock position, and will overheat. unpin it and turn on the switch to see where it goes, then adjust the linkage to match travel.
did you see my response?