Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

EXT ALARM keeps popping up on a 1998 New Holland 4x4 modle

Customer Question

EXT ALARM keeps popping up on a 1998 New Holland 4x4 modle 9682. It has something to do with an external piece of equipment that one would hook up, but I'm just digging and not using that function. I just want it to shut up! :). Tried pulling the EXT AUX PWR fuse (20A) but that didn't work. Maybe a relay?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases you may need to speak to a dealer to see if they can tell you for sure how this is turned off or removed on this model here.They are usually the best place to get this info here.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete