Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling
6825259

Just bought a 07 cummins 6.7 turbo with 92,000 and am learning

Customer Question

Just bought a 07 cummins 6.7 turbo with 92,000 and am learning alot about the engine (newbie). Impeccable service records. Garage kept by an old man who drug a fifth wheel to CO a couple of times. (hence 92,000 in 9 years). Runs great but worried about injector issues. Should I have the dealership purge/clean the injectors around 100,000 or now? Should I use Lucas every third fill up (one friend's belief)? Should I add a half gallon of gas to a full tank three times a year (another friend's practice). Or should I not add any additives like the owner's manual states.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no. that's it. Want to keep the truck running for many more miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
HI I'm Wayne I will help you with this injector replacement is about 150K, not cleaned Lucas is not needed, that oftenabout 25 K miles , is more then enough DO NOT ADD GAS TO THE FUEL, you pump and injectors , short life during winter , I would suggest a product called 9111 qt , per tank fullI hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Morning Just a follow up with you did my answer help you Let me know ,Please Wayne