][\][iCk0411
][\][iCk0411, Fleet Manager
Experience:  310T Red Seal- Truck and Coach Technician
12570002

We are working on a 2012 ism. We replaced the injections. Timed

Customer Question

We are working on a 2012 ism. We replaced the injections. Timed and tuned the engine. Now we have a crank no start. The engine is air bond. Any ideas on how to get it started.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, it's a 2010 Cummins ISM.
Expert:  ][\][iCk0411 replied 7 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I would be glad to help you today. So I just wanted to get some clarity on where you are at with the troubleshooting. So your thinking the Air lock is stuck between the Fuel tank and the Fuel filter to the engine?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We think the air lock is in the head. We had removed all the injectors and had to reinstall everything. Now it won't start.
Okay thank you Sir! So you've gone back over all your work to ensure that the timing and top end set are set to spec? Just want to be sure its not one of those elements and not a air in fuel scenario.So I've had lots of luck in these situations with using an auxiliary fuel pump to prime the system to try and bleed the left over air through the system. Have you tried anything like that yet? Another great tip for these scenarios is to pressurize the tank with compressed air to help get the truck started. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be glad to follow up further through your diagnosis. Your satisfaction is our top priority so please be sure to rate your upon completing your question. Thanks,
Good day Sir, I wanted to follow up to see if you were able to get the truck running and what was it that got it going in the end? I hope I had been of some assistance to you. I do invite you to please rate my service on your question. Satisfaction is top priority and I want to make sure your happy with your first impression of the service. Thank you!
Hello Steve, How did things go with the Cummins no Start? Please keep me posted and whether you have any further questions. As long as the question is open I am at your service for any questions. If you don't respond within a few days the question will time out and you will loose your deposit. I want to make sure that you feel like you got your value for your money so please let me know if there is anything else at all I can help with this issue. Customer service is our top priority and we'd love to see you back again in the future so please don't forget to rate my service! Thank you very much!