Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

I have a c15 accert engine in a 04 Pete the problem is when

Customer Question

I have a c15 accert engine in a 04 Pete the problem is when operating around town works great but when I go on the highway the temp rises to 217 which when the fan cuts in it won't pull the heat out to shut of fan changed elm temp sensor had ac wiring checked and sensors had it on cat computer no change they told possible thermostat or water pump what so you think
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
It's possible you have either a faulty thermostat or partially clogged radiator. I see this a lot. I would not suspect the water pump. When the water pump is faulty. The engine will overheat all the time. Not just sometimes.
I would try replacing the thermostat first. If the problem continues. I would have the radiator re cored or cleaned professionally.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 5 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.