William Herren
William Herren, OWNER
Experience:  Mechanic at HERREN INDUSTRIAL GROUP
94300771

2000 Detroit 60 engine light come out and truck cutting off

Customer Question

2000 Detroit 60 engine light come out and truck cutting off every time after start and work for couple of seconds. Can you please tell me what can be a problem? Thanks.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: truck was idling all night, and 6 am check engine light comes on and engine shut off. Now it starts but in couple of seconds cut off again
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this did you check the oil and coolant, if low on coolant , this is what will happenI hope this helped you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Coolant and oil is ok
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi do you have any codes popping up
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ho, just check engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for that how about your fuel, fullare you parked on a incline belts are tight I have to ask all these , because you have no codes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you please tell me whats that mean " fullare you parked on a inclinebelts are tight " ?
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi Is your truck parked on flat ground ???is your fuel tanks full??are the belts tight on your engine ??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi YES what ??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
all answers are yes
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
OK,All things checked , no codes you need to hook a lap top to see any codes in computer we checked all we could , next is a lap top
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi Did you get it running after sitting
Expert:  William Herren replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Can you please tell me if you have any fault codes active or logged?