spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

2006 INTERNATIONAL DT466 OVERHEATING GOING DOWN ROAD IF YOU

Customer Question

2006 INTERNATIONAL DT466 OVERHEATING GOING DOWN ROAD IF YOU STOP TEMP GOES DOWN
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mark, I'm assuming engine fan is coming on, just make sure belts are tight and fan hub is okay and you hear it run full on. I would start by verifying accuracy of engine temp using a digital thermometer, just point at engine and compare to gage when hot, click here to purchase temp gun, next replace thermostat, if it's stuck open it will overheat during heavy loads and is cheapest to start with.Next I would get a test kit to see if you are getting exhaust gasses in cooling system, this would be a sign of a blown head gasket or cracked head, click here for test kits.If there are no gasses in cooling system you would need to have radiator flushed as they can clog up on inside or outside and the radiator would need to be professionally cleaned, a regular flush is not enough with today's radiators.Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.Thanksspanky
Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars with buttons on top of page..Follow up/Reply as many times as needed after rating.
Please let me know what you fave found with testing?