Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

Volvo D14 2013 year. Last six vin# ***** . Problem is

Customer Question

Volvo D14 2013 year. Last six vin# ***** . Problem is LEFT headlamp low beam out. Bulb us good. Fuse blown for LCM5 17. Ok replaced fuse gone again. Took it to volvo in Oregon. They spent 3 hours searching for short. Replaced wire to headlamp worked ok and went out again . Then it started blowing fuse right as soon as turn the ignition to on position. They Unhook the wires plug from cab still blowing fuse. Unhook the LCM5 module not blowing fuse put new test LCM blow the fuse. Took the LCM ignition relay out put it back in put new fuse in lights working turned ignition off and on lights still working. Turned tractor backup light fuse gone and again LH headlamp out. Put new fuse it's gone at ignition on. Turned ignition on and took rela for LCM out and put fuse in 17 lights working but if I turn the ignition off and then on lights won't work untill I put the relay back in if I put relay back in it blows the fuse for LCM. So long story short. If I first turn on ignition then lights on then pull the LCM relay out and change the fuse lights work but have to put the relay back in at each ignition cycle. Very frustrating any help asap?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. If the wiring was not checked leading to the LCM this needs done to see if any wiring faults are found.If an issue is found with any of the wiring this will need to be repaired.Most common for a fault like this here is usually faulty wiring needing repaired or replaced for this issue here.The wiring and fuse panel terminals as well as connector terminals will need checked for any issues needing repaired. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was told by Volvo ignition switch is bad after they checked wirring. But after replacing ignition switch it still blows fuse. But this doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it goes days without blowing or sometimes it blows in seconds
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Any solution ?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
I apologize for the delay as I did not see your reply until now. This sounds like shorted wiring leading from the ignition switch itself.I have seen in some cases where shorted wiring will cause an issue like this here and the wiring needs repaired or replaced.If they did not check the wiring from the switch at all this needs done to see if any faults are found with it needing repaired or replaced. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you give me wiring diagram and how to take dash apart ?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately I do not have the diagram on this model here or repair info myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do. Thanks Pete