Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I can't get the flash code 11-2 to go out. I have tried a

Customer Question

I can't get the flash code 11-2 to go out. I have tried a different app. valve and I have tried to clean them also both sides. I am wondering if you guys have any other ideas that I can try thanks. it is on an 07 international.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. what is the engine model and chassis model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
isx cummins and it is a 9400i
Where are you getting this code from? Cummins flash codes are 3 digit codes with no spaces.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its and abs code for bendix and I am getting it off the reading tool.
thanks for the update. Engine codes would be like this. Ill look that code up. It wont clear because the fault is still active.128:F00 PID095_a128:F01 PID094_p128:F01 PID103_p128:F13 PID027_a
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right wondering what you think the problem may be .
Loss of communications between the EC-60™controller and other devices connected to theJ1939 link. Check for damaged or reversed J1939 wiring. Check for corroded or damagedconnectors. Verify presence of retarder on the J1939 link. Verify ECU Configuration. Check for other devices inhibiting J1939 communications
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how would I do the last three things you have there
click this link and see PDF page 24 for the troubleshooting information and to access the connector pinoutsABS troubleshooting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would you by chance know where the ecu is located on this 07?
Mostly I see them mounted on the inside of the framerail just behind the transmission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got a picture of what it looks like?
There are pictures in the PDF I posted. first page upper right.
Update. This model shows it has the in cab ECU instead of the frame mounted. should be mounted inside under the left side of dash behind the steering wheel column and behind the pedals .
Let me know if you still have any trouble locating it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found it and the plug looks good I pushed on the wires to make sure they were not poping out and repluged it back in but still won't clear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would you try next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the retarder have to be on here is a picture of what I am talking about in the live data
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the switch also have to be on? In the pic below
On pdf page 24 there are 3 areas but all J1939 datalink related. The ESC module is not communicating with the ABS module so either it is not powered on, there is a harness problem preventing communication or lastly a problem with the module itself. ABS brake control should not be off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you think with that being turned off that could be causing the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And do they have to be turned on manually or is that saying that there is a problem?
when did this fault occur? after changing settings in the ESC or when the truck was going down the road? pins 7 and 8 are the datalink pins to test for continuity and test those wires in the harness.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has always been a problem on this truck with the abs and when have recently changed are scan tool and I am not able to change anything so I am wondering if you think they should be and or need to be on so I can call the boss and tell him we will have to get it scheduled in somewhere?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I test for continuity?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3nqlXM6nOM
what year is this truck?
07 sorry
Click on this link for the full schematics. The Bendix ABS diagrams are in there.Troubleshooting