Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Rhino 3124 tractor stuck in low rangeJA: We'll do all we

Customer Question

Rhino 3124 tractor stuck in low range
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: 1998 Rhino---it is stuck in low range---won't shift to high range--need repair info-- parts breakdown and repair instructions
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: only problem----just hard to find info--trying to repair it myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dave, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Try rolling forward or backward or rocking back and forth to see if relieving some pressure on the shifter and gears will help free it up while trying to move the shifter out of low range. Has this tractor been sitting stationary in low range for a while or did it just instantly get stuck in low range? any strange noises ? Check the transmission oil for signs of metal indicating other internal problems. You may have to remove the shifter assembly if unsuccessful and try to manually shift out of low to see if something might be seized or jammed or possible damaged shift fork. Let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm aware it has internal problems---don't need troubleshooting info---looking for parts breakdown--specs--need to fix it myself
I understand. You will need a service book for that information. I do not have it for your model and i did a search and came up empty. I am going to opt out and open this up to the other experts on the site. Possibly someone else may have the service and parts information for your model. These tractors are hard to get information for unfortunately. Sorry I could not be of more help.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still awaiting a response