Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Atlas 200: I have a 1993 Nissan Atlas Truck. When I start up

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Nissan Atlas Truck. When I start up and put my foot on the break pedal a buzzer goes off. The only way I can stop it is to pull the hand break up one notch. Can you tell me what you think is wrong?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This may be an issue with the hand brake position switch.Most models use a switch/sensor that sends a signal when the hand brake is applied and released and if this switch has failed and is sending an incorrect signal this will cause this fault here and will need replaced.I would have this tested further to see if this is the cause here for sure and then from there repaired to correct this fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete