Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Hey my truck(international prostar with Cummins isx)is making

Customer Question

hey my truck(international prostar with Cummins isx)is making noise zzzzzz when sometimes I drive my truck go to uphill the tem needle goes 215degrees the fan starts running with zzzz...noise and when the tem needle back to 200degrees the fun still running。even I push the button off,the fan still runs with Zzz..noise.but when I push the button on the fan starts running heavily but that noise is done.sometimes my truck just fixed by itself and when I restart my truck my truck is good.when idle my truck and fan runs off on push button on off I control the fan no any problems there is no noise come out everything is good.my truck driving me crazy.do you have any advice?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. So your main concern is the fan noise otherwise there are no overheating or operational problems or fault codes?
With the engine off check the fan hub for loose bearings and spin the fan and feel for any roughness in the bearings indicating a dry bearing or failing hub bearing. Let me know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know where is the noise come from...that's all I told you about my truck info...
To isolate where the noise is coming from a technician or the person checking has to touch, feel, listen, check, and test to isolate the cause. Some fans are generally noisy to begin with but if this is a new noise to this truck then check the bearings in the fan hub and for roughness if the noise is only when the fan is engaged.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Its like electric noise...not from the fan...the fan is good..
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I stop driving my truck everything is good..I can control the fan on and off..that happened is only I drive my truck..when the fan runs..
Is it coming through the radio or CB radio?
Any way you can have a passenger record a short video for you tube and provide me the link?
It would be helpful to hear this noise.
Hi, Did you get this resolved?