Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

A "STATION ATTENDANT" A DUMB OVERWORKED GIRL FILLED ME UP WI

Customer Question

A "STATION ATTENDANT" A DUMB OVERWORKED GIRL FILLED ME UP WITH REGULAR GAS IN A 2003 F-35O. SHE WAS TOLD DEISEL BUT ILLED IT UP WITH GAS. I DROVE THREE OR FOUR MILES, ENGINE SPUTTERED, THEN BLEW UP WITH A VERY LOUD POP AND A FLAME COMING OUT OF THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY RIG THIS WAS IN A PAMPERED VERY CHERRY WELL MAINTAINES 2003 WITH 103 K MILES ON IT. IT IS IN ANOTHER TOWN SITTING AFTER A TOW. WHAT KIND OF DAMAGE HAS THIS POSSIBLY INCURRED?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi Stevie, my name is***** will be glad to try to help. That is horrible news. It is very possible that this blew your engine and ruined the injectors. also add any fire damage to the wiring, hoses and other under hood components. The fueling station will likely be replacing the engine or you will be looking at a tear down and rebuild. Let me know if you need more help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
DO I TAKE THIS TO MY INSURANCE AGENT?
Have a shop assess the damage and contact the fueling station to put a claim on their insurance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you detail a bit more of the likely damages?
Even if you were able to get it going again with injectors and head gaskets etc It will not be the same unless the job is done thoroughly and complete.
is this a 7.3?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes, a former beauty....now. I am so disgusted with over worked unfamiliar minimum wage kids pumping gas in Oregon. I can barely offord the loss of the truck use. There needs to be a warning and disclaimer about idots on the job! any likely worst case scenario in a bit of detail would be appreciated.
The scenarios are this. If there was not a loud pop and the engine dieing It might not bee as bad as in some case the fuel system can be thoroughly cleaned and flushed out resulting in everything running fine again. Whether the pop was the sound of the backfire or a mechanical failure in the engine needs to be determined and hopefully it was the noise of the backfire.. Gasoline will ruin the injectors and injection pump. New injectors run about 250.00 each and reman about 100 less. Best case scenero is drain and clean out the fuel system with new filters. No strange noises heard, and no metal or bearing material, coolant , etc found in the oil filter or oil pan and once complete runs like a top
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ss a comprehensive evaluation available at ford dealers? I dont want a future pig problem with the truck, I dont have time for a second hand hugh maintenance vehicle nickle and diming me to bankruptcy. I have meticulaously cared for and followed the maintenance and upkeep of this rig and I will probably never be able to buy a new one... still hoping though, Im sixty four years old.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there was a large flame out the right sideof the truck hood when the loud pop occured.
Yes I would have a certified Ford Dealer perform a complete evaluation on the engine and damage. they will give a report to you that you can provide to the service station owner. Then you can request that they cover the repairs of your vehicle and hopefully they cooperate to make this go smoothly for you since it was their mistake.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please remember to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site.