Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling

Morning pearl ,JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a

Customer Question

Morning pearl ,
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I own a e450 Shuttle bus with a tran air a/c unit. I switch the levers over to cool this week and I have no cold air in front of cabin and rear is mild . I just had the new a/c unit installed last year. I also leave it parked outside in the winter. Do we agree it just needs a recharge and the freon evaporated due to the cold winter air?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Truck Mechanic should know?
Customer: If this is the case. do we recharge it just like a normal car or are there other ports we need to use to fill it.. and yes it has 2 compressors under the hood
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm WayneI will help you with this yes you must have a minor leakare they roof mounted 2 units let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Wayne,
No. I have the normal a/c unit in the driver's cabin and an interior unit in the rear cabin. there should not be a leak since I had the entire system revamped last year. All my limo and busses have this problem every spring because they sit outside all winter long. anyways, my main question is.. when recharging the a/c unit do you do it like a normal car or do you have to fill it with freon in 2 locations? iis it freon or r22 that we use?
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for that it uses R134a Freon, and the compressor front seal leak over the winter charge it like a car , hi side around (red gauge) 225 lbs low side (blur gauge ) around 50-65 Lbs I hope this helpe d you Hi If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more starIf not use the reply button, not Bad/Poor serviceThis is the only way I get Credit for the QuestionI took the time to answer you Please take the time to reply Wayne