Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Have aT190 bobcat. When I go to start it with keyless start.

Customer Question

Have aT190 bobcat. When I go to start it with keyless start. Hit the run button to bring up to code panel I hear a click of a solenoid, the panel cuts off. Is there some safety switch turning it off?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: We put a new battery in found it was bad.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is it just the panel that loses power or do all cab accessories go dead?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The other panel are dead as well. I assume it was controlled through the start panel.
thanks for the update. Start by checking your fuses for power on both sides with the key on for a possible bad fuse or connection as well as checking all battery to starter connections and grounds. Clean and tighten all connections. If ok check all relays by swapping with a known good one. If that checks OK do a wiggle test on the harness and inspect to look for damaged connector pins or wiring that might be rubbed through, corroded or shorted to ground. Check for power in and out of the ignition switch circuit. Most commonly this happens from a harness problem with a loose connection. It can be any of the things I mentioned as well. Let me know. click here for the operation manual for informationOperation