Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling
6825259

I have a 2003 freightliner detroit 60 12.7 i chenge tha 6

Customer Question

I have a 2003 freightliner detroit 60 12.7 i chenge tha 6 injectors sleve now tha truck sm
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Lot black smoke cams aut
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I HAVE CODE 61 what can i do ?can you helpe me
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this you replaced the #6 injector cupand using the same injector is this correct , what was the reason you changed the cup
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The reason i replaced the injector was bc injector number 2 failed so when i took out the injector there was antifreeze around it so i decided to change all 6 injector sleeves.aftr that when i started the engine it produced alot of black smoke.the scanner said code 61
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Morning Sorry for the long delay code 61 is long delay on injector solenoid here is the trouble shooting for that code click here I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more starIf not use the reply button, not Bad/Poor serviceThis is the only way I get Credit for the QuestionI took the time to answer you Please take the time to reply Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi Just following up with you did my answer help you let me know, Please Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.
Hi,Did you get this issue resolved yet?I took the time to answer your question...please take the time to reply. Wayne