Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

How do I find out why jakebrake is weak on a c15 cat.

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I can help you with this. There are two things that can cause a weak Jake on a C15.The first is it needs an adjustment. If you haven't already, I would have the overhead adjusted. If adjusting the overhead does not help. The Jakes will must likely need to be rebuilt. Over time they can wear and the internal springs become weak. When this happens, the Jake performance will be low. Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  go-west.. replied 7 months ago.
Can I get your engine serial number please
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can't find serial #. It's ac15 avert in 2006 KW W900L VIN # ***** This is a recycled VIN #. You have to look up year on this VIN #. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a C15 acert Cat
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the information.
Has the overhead been adjusted recently?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the information.
If the overhead has been adjusted and they are still weak. They will need to be rebuilt or replaced. Over time the can wear and the springs inside will become weak. When this happens. The performance of the jake will be low. I am sorry I wish I had better news.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.