Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have what I think should be a simple question. I am working

Customer Question

I have what I think should be a simple question. I am working on replacing an injector in a 3126 serial # ***** I took the old injector out and ordered the parts. The reman injector came with 2 o rings. One for the body and I received a small o ring that is too small for the top of the injector to the oil feed tube. Is this supposed to go on the bottom of the injector in place of the copper washer ? The old injector had no o ring or copper washer at the bottom. (Tip).
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: Or did they mistakenly send me the wrong oring for the top?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Yea they come with two o rings. One for the body and one for the bottom injector top. These injectors do not use copper washers.
The true seal is the metal to metal seal between the injector and the copper cup. The o ring is put on the bottom of the injector to assist but gets burned off over time. That's why the injector you removed does not have the o ring on it.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.