Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.

04 sterling with cat C12 dies after it warms up at idle only

Customer Question

04 sterling with cat C12 dies after it warms up at idle only and will not restart until it is cold
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Starts and runs fine at high idle but after it warms up it will not idle or restart until it is cold
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
When the engine will not start after its warms, will the yellow check engine light come on when the key is turned to the on position?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 6 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.