Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

WORKING ON 2008 ISUZU FVR, KEEPS COMING BACK WITH CODE P244B,DPF

Customer Question

WORKING ON 2008 ISUZU FVR, KEEPS COMING BACK WITH CODE P244B,DPF PRESSURE HIGH. I have removed dpf filter and sent to be cleaned, I have changed dpd sensor,pr sensor and intake temp. sensor.Cleared codes and ran less than 500 miles and goes to low power with check engine light on.Checked EGR COOLERS FOR BLOCKAGE OKAY. When WATER WAS DRAINED LOOKED LIKE OIL OR MAYBE CARBON IN COOLING SYSTEM is that possible to be exhaust soot? Removed both egr coolers and pressure checked okay.Truck has been ran through regen. twice.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. You have had 2 successful regens without throwing this fault and kicking it out? Then it returns after driving?
If the sensor and harness checks good and the DPF has been baked or replaced then check the sensor differential pressure tubes for blockages. they are likely plugged.
They are on the passenger side where the dpf filter is on the sides of the filter clamps. You will see two hoses that go to the sensor. If the sensor is new and sensor harness is good, clean the hoses with compressed air and brake clean
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we had already removed the two differential tubes and checked for blockage. they were good.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
why is our coolant black ? It doesn't look like oil or I would think it would be oil cooler.Can exhaust soot enter into the coolant system? We removed EGR coolers and pressurized and found no leaks at 30 PSI.
What is the engine model from the ID tag?