Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling

I have a 06 Freightliner m2 with a cat c7. Tried to start it

Customer Question

I have a 06 Freightliner m2 with a cat c7. Tried to start it this morning and it started then I turned on the head lights and the truck shut off. Now it will crank but not start and I noticed the head lights still do not come on and the instrument cluster gauges do not perform the sweep when you turn on the key. I checked all the fuses and battery connections. The truck cranks strong.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this Thank you for requesting me I would start at unplug the ECM and clean all the pins make sure clean and tight , also the big plug that goes to firewallunplug that,same thing clean make sure tight
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Wayne,Found a pin on one of the ecm connectors burnt and slightly melted.
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.
Morning after the pin repair should start if it does not , may have shorted the ECM Hi If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more starIf not use the reply button, not Bad/Poor serviceThis is the only way I get Credit for the Questionwayne