Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have 2000 gmc c6500 7.4 running on 4 cylinders 2 on each

Customer Question

I have 2000 gmc c6500 7.4 running on 4 cylinders 2 on each bank yet, all coils are firing poping cracking back firing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: shop put scanner on shows no codes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If this model has the individual injectors for each cylinder under the upper intake plenum the most common cause for this issue here is one or more of the injectors leaking allowing to much fuel into the engine or not enough in some cases.I have run across this several times before and had to replace them.I recommend replacing all 8 as I have found that soon after the affected injectors are replaced the others start to leak as well.One way to tell that this is the cause here is to remove the upper intake plenum and turn on the key without cranking over the engine and look into the ports where the injector tips are and see if fuel runs out.If any have fuel running out at all then the affected injectors or all injectors need replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete