Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

My truck is volvo with cummins isx i have code mid128

Customer Question

Hello my truck is volvo with cummins isx i have code mid128 sid20 fmi11 no power shaking please help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: While was driving lost power had to stop when push the gas truck shakes rpm goes to 15
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Bare with me while I pull up your code information
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also says timing actuaitor
Yes that fault is for your timing actuator. they are mounted to the fuel module. Front and rear timing and metering actuators. You can swao them to see if the code moves with it and if so replace the failed actuator.TimingActuator#1Circuit-
Your timing actuators are the middle ones on the fuel module on either side of the fuel shutoff solenoid. The metering actuators are the outter ones.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok so i just started the truck it was running rough but more powerful and suddenly the diagnostic shows that the fault is inactive and the truck runs as good as before, could this be temporary
Thanks for the update. You could have an actuator that has an intermittent problem. Wait to see if the problem returns and if so swap the front actuator to the rear to see if the fault moves to bank 2 cylinders.