Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Guerrero JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more

Customer Question

***** ***** guerrero
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cannot find injector fuses injector 4 5 & 6 are not working right
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a volvo 2006 motor 12.1
I have a side 4 fmi 5 and I don't know what to chek
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the complete engine model number from the engine ID tag?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Engine 475497 model ved12d465 5vtxh12150s. 12.1l
this fault is for injector cyl number 4. check the injector harness for problems or a faulty solenoid.FMI 5•Current belownormal or opencircuit•EMS detects ashort circuit tobattery positive,a short circuitto ground, or anopen circuit onthe high side ofthe SV/NeedleControl Valve(NCV) or a ShortCircuit to groundon the low side ofthe SV/NCV.•Loss of power•Uneven running•Running on 3 to5 cylinders•Malfunctionindicator lampilluminated•Harness shorted or open•Faulty fuel injector solenoid
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does this injector have fuses,
No it does not. The injectors are fired from the injector drivers in the ECM. High voltage is delivered from the ECM to the injectors through the injector harness.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have the same problem on #4. #5. #6 fuel injectors
Thanks for the update. That is an indication of faulty injector drivers inside the ECM. The ECM will need to be replaced if the harness checks good between the ECM and injector solenoids.