Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had the truck hooked up to a gopro last night and they said the coolant temperature sensor was out so I'm trying to locate it to change it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I can help you with this.What engine so you have? Can you get me the engine serial number?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
5ek95850
Expert:  Cat Man replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the information.The coolant temp sensor is located on the passenger side of the engine on the front. ITs in the thermostat housing. Its not easy to get to. The alternator is most likely in the way. It has 3 wires. See image.https://www.dropbox.com/s/t203orwoijeoz46/5EK%20Coolant%20temp.jpg?dl=0Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 10 months ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.