Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Hey i just brought a 2006 freightliner m2 truck but when i

Customer Question

Hey i just brought a 2006 freightliner m2 truck but when i try to start it codes pop up . bh164 and tcu 130 can i help me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I start the truck and it won t catch a gear it just says sm system malfunctions
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Can you tell me what engine you have? Is it a Cat?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
mercedes m2 engine
Expert:  Cat Man replied 7 months ago.
I see. I'm a Cat expert. I will opt out and see if another expert can help.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You are getting a bulkhead code and a transmission code. Those are just "general" codes that mean something is detected wrong in the transmission. CLICK HERE for a sheet that explains hot to retrieve the code from the transmission presuming you have the Eaton auto shift. If you have the Allison, let me know if you have the push button style shifter or the hand shifter. Code retrieval is different on those.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.Did you still need assistance with this?