Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Ac compressor bolts ripped out of a mbe 4000 can it be short

Customer Question

ac compressor bolts ripped out of a mbe 4000 can it be short belted till we can retap and repair in our shop on weekend,and what is short belt #
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thats it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2006 freightliner columbia vin # ***** mbe 4000 engine
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi, it is Dan. I will be glad to help. Yes it can be short belted but unfortunately I have no part number for the proper length belt to install as I do not know of any MBE4000 in Columbias that were built without AC. the best option is to run the belt or string around the pulleys and get a measurement and then figure in the center point for the tension er pulley. Your parts store should be able to help you with a few options to try. Just be sure that everything is still going to turn the correct direction as with the original belt on installation.