Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

We have a International box truck 4300 and the running lights

Customer Question

We have a International box truck 4300 and the running lights are not working? He has tail lights and head lights. I read on an old forum and he is checking the brown and blue plug, if not that what could it be?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** year truck? I should have some schematics for you to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 / 4300
Schematics 1 Schematics 2 Schematics 3
Click on the three links above for complete diagrams. I am with family but will be available for follow ups late in the evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay
Let me know if you need any further help and keep me updated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the wiring diagrams but was really hoping for an easier fix than that. The truck has headlights and breaklights, but has not track lights or taillights. Any ideas?
So you are looking for a diagnosis without testing the circuit following the diagrams? Or someone to walk you through each step of the test process?
do you have any body controller codes logged in the dash? do you know how to access them? If not let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We looked up on You Tube to get codes will let you know what it shows. My womanly brain can google but not read wiring diagrams, lol
I understand. If I didnt choose this as a profession Id be in the same boat so no worries. Post all numbers and spaces in between for the fault codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5: 1 611_14p / 150: 1 2023_14p / 241:254 639_14p / 6: 2 2033_14a / 4:240 639_14p / 4: 2 611_14p six error codes total.
611 14 5 1 4007/Bus 1603 D Connector #4007 Pin #D Low beam under current The current from this output is below 0.5 A Open circuit Refer to Headlight System in the Light Systems section of this manual. 611 14 4 2 4007/Bus 1603 H Connector #4007 Pin #H Park light over current The output behaves like a 20 amp type III circuit breaker. Short to ground or overload Refer to Marker, Park and Tail Lamps in the Light Systems section of this manual. These two are for your lights. The connector numbers are listed in the description and the pin that is showing trouble in the connector. In the diagrams I posted you or your mechanic will need to test the circuit using the schematics I posted and these codes tell you what connector pin and part of the harness to test.
2023 14 150 or 250 1 N/A Loss of data link from ESC to primary EGC (150) or secondary EGC (250) Loss of communication in excess of 10 seconds. Drivetrain J1939 data link. Refer to the Electrical System Controller section of this manual. .. 2033 14 6 2 4004/Bus 1602 17 Connector 4004 pin 17. MD - Body Trailer Marker & Tail lamp relay is Output open circuit. Bus Connector 1602 pin 17. Bus Electric Door Control, Output open circuit Connector 4004/Bus 1602 Pin 17 open. Bus Connector 1602 pin 17. Bus Electric Door Control, open Open circuit. . Check the relay and the connections for poor connections at the relay terminals and harness.
639 14(###) ###-#### ***** Cruise control enable, active, state and vehicle speed not communicated to the ESC PGN 65265-SA 0 Refer to information for the engine in this vehicle in Engine section of this manual. 639 14 4(###) ###-#### ***** Engine speed not communicated to the ESC PGN 61444-SA 0 Refer to information for the engine in this vehicle in Engine section of this manual. .