go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.

Are you online and available? JA: Thanks. Can you give me

Customer Question

Are you online and available?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an Allison MD3060 transmission serial #(###) ###-####in a 2003 Peterbuilt refuse truck. It felt like it was slipping(high RPM to get into 4th) from 3rd to 4th for a few days and then one day it only allowed me to use 2nd gear and now it won't go into any gear from N and the dash check trans light is on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — RV Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 6 months ago.
good afternoon looks like there is a clutch pack issue with you transmission and it will have to go in for service when these transmissions start to act up ie clutch slipping. then it locks the operator out to protect itself..standard operation for allison trannys.. let me know if you have any other questions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The diagnostic code was d14627 and that is the A-HI solenoid per a code sheet I looked up, is that what would be causing the issue? If so where is it and can I replace it myself?
That solenoid is internal to the trans and the valve body would have to be dropped down. Meticulous job and I don't recommend doing. Suggest going to a shop