Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling

I bought a 2000 International box truck with a 444e.Starts

Customer Question

I bought a 2000 International box truck with a 444e.Starts up and runs decent on level road but as soon as Igget to an incline it pulls the hill very slowly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I drained the fuel tank and changed the fuel filter but still runs the same.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this What you are describing is no turbo boostcheck all the piping from turbo to air to air make sure clamps are tight, no hole in the rubber hoses if still the same replace the boost sensor it is in the air intake manifold I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the answer about replacing the exhaust back pressure sensor
However, it did not work.
Just to go over the problem again, when I start the truck up, it idles okay, but when I mash the throttle the RPM raise slightly slower than they should. It idles good .However, when I put it in drive, it idles rough, if placed in park or neutral it idles good again. when I put it in drive and try to go... it has very very little power.
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for that 1) do you have a boost gauge in the dash??2) what type of miles on the injectors, ??? 3) when was the last time valves were adjusted ??