Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a 2008 Cummins ISX and the truck is having issues

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2008 Cummins ISX and the truck is having issues with the regen. The exhaust temps during stationary regen it only getting to 460 degrees. It's not getting hot enough to start inject the doser. I replaced the turbo and had the dpf and the doc and had then cleaned. The dpf was replaced cause it was cracked. What causes the exhaust temps not to get hot enough?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's the only problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What are you getting for fault codes? Also check for any exhaust leaks and if the turbo is new make sure the actuator was calibrated. Let me know what you have for codes and have an injector test done using Cummins insite. For each injector cut out all cylinders except the one tested and a good injector will stumble and try to run before stalling and a bad injector will stall instantly. Let me know
Hi, Did you get this resolved?