Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Dairl. I have a 670 volvo with an auto trans it won't go in

Customer Question

Dairl. I have a 670 volvo with an auto trans it won't go in gear
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The trucks starts but will not go in gear. Fault code mid 130 side 55 fmi 7. Clutch solenoid valve
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will try to help. What is the transmission Model number from the ID tag?
Fault Code 27 - Clutch Disengagement | Fault Isolation Procedures TRTS0930Fault Code 27 - Clutch DisengagementJ1587: MID 130 SID 55 FMI 7, 13J1939: SA 3 SPN 788 FMI 7, 13OverviewThe fault code indicates that the clutch has not disengagedas expected. This fault can occur with both Data-linkMechanical (DM) and Electronic Clutch Actuator (ECA)clutch models.DetectionDM Clutch Fault DetectionStarting at key on and throughout operation, the TransmissionElectronic Control Unit (TECU) constantly measuresengine RPM and idle torque from the engine.If the engine speed falls significantly below idle or engine torque risessignificantly above idle torque upon engaging a start gear,the fault is set. If the vehicle is brought to a stop when ingear and engine speed falls significantly below idle, the fault is set.Possible CausesThis fault code can be caused by any of the following:• Failed clutch• Clutch over-adjusted• Clutch thermal abuse• Drive Disc Assembly over-speed• Pilot Bearing failure• Input shaft wear• Lack of lube in Release Bearing and Bushing