go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.

I am looking wiring diagram on a 2007 Sterling LT9500

Customer Question

I am looking for a wiring diagram on a 2007 Sterling LT9500 truck.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: no brake lights
JA: Anything else I can tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 6 months ago.
Good morning what diagram are you looking for? What's the issue?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We are looking for a wiring diagram for a 2007 Sterling LT9500. We currently have only one issue with the truck, no brake lights. We have checked the switch, relay, all the wiring, ground and have found no issues. We believe there may be a component we are missing.I had just called about getting a wiring diagram for the brake lights on my 2007 Sterling LT9500. We have chased the wires from the cab to the rear junction box and there are no breaks in the wiring or casing. The #42 fuse/relay (stop lamp) has power going to it when the brake pedal is applied (I had also put in a good fuse/relay to attempt to solve the issue and with no change). I have checked all of the grounds, cleaned and used new hardware. Also disconnected the trailer plug from junction box to possibly cancel out a possible short. At this point now I started to look for the actual brake switch to test that ( didn’t consider the brake switch due to power being sent to the stop lamp fuse and relay) so I unplugged the brake switch connection that is slightly above the brake pedal and by passed the switch… when I by pass the switch and re-route the connection back into itself the “ELC ENG (service) brake” relay will click……… all my flashers work. Right, left, hazards…. There is a four flat wire bundle that comes from the cab and goes into the junction box, there is constant power from the brown wire while the running lights are on, but on NONE of the wires at any time do I see any change in voltage when the brake pedal is applied….. any help is greatly appreciated! VIN- ZFZHAZCV67AY54486
yes there is a hidden link to thisi went through this years agoup inbehind the signal stat the brake light go to and from the statif you trace the service brake light circuit there about 5 inches back behind the dash (tricky to get to)there is a diode there to prevent a back feed issue,Its a sterling thing,locate the diode and test it it'll be 2 inces long connected inline with the service brake circuit,locate and test good luck and let me know how you do.