Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

If I turn key on it wants to start and will start but it keeps

Customer Question

If I turn key on it wants to start and will start but it keeps turning over after you kill it until power shuts down. Its a 2005 mack vision????
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi Evelyn, my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Do you mean the starter continues to stay engaged?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Any ideas?????
First test with a test light for power at the small S terminal signal wire to the starter. With the keyswitsch released from the start position there should no longer be power there. If there is you could have a faulty key switch. If there is no power there but the starter is still turning it means you have a faulty starter.
since it stops turning over once you turn the switch completely off it sounds more like a sticking relay or the ignition switch is bad sending power to the starter in the on position.
If you need a call for additional help, I will send over the additional services offer or we can continue to post back and forth here as needed. Let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK thanks I will check out in morning and get back to yA
Sounds good. Let me know.