Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling
6825259

I need all the torque specs Detroit 60 series.

Customer Question

Hi, i need all the torque specs for 1998 Detroit 60 series. Thanks ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am working on two same engine, one i am doing over haul, changing crank and block, other one i just change the injector cups i need torques for rocker arms and injectors.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this what liter engines are these 14.L
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, it's 12.7
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi Thank you for that here you go All in ft lbs. unless noted.Main bearing cap: 347-391flywheel housing: 118-148connecting rod nut: 118-137camshaft bearing cap bolt: 93-108rocker arm shaft bolt: 1001 & 7 camshaft studs and nuts: 93-108camshaft drive gear bolt: 55 +120 degreesflywheel bolts: 55 +60 degreesinjector hold down: 43-49cylinder head bolt prior to 2002: 184-210torque twicecylinder head bolt after 2002: 220torque twiceuse the date on the rocker coverafter 2002 will have a groove on the head or white paintrocker cover(1piece) 15-18rocker cover (2 & 3 piece) 22-28I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Morning I took the time to help you Please take the time to rate my answerso I get credit for the questionWayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
HI Hi If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more starIf not use the reply button, not Bad/Poor serviceThis is the only way I get Credit for the QuestionI took the time to answer you Please take the time to reply Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
HIJust a follow upI do not get Credit for the question unless you rate my answerHi If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more starIf not use the reply button, not Bad/Poor serviceThis is the only way I get Credit for the QuestionI took the time to answer you Please take the time to reply Wayne