Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have lost power to my dash all the gages are stuck in place

Customer Question

I have lost power to my dash all the gages are stuck in place and the key will not start the RV I have a 2007 forty ft. motorhome with a 350 Cat
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi Dave, My name is***** is the make and model of the motor home chassis and also the engine model from the engine tag?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Chassis Model xc-r Chassis
engine model cat c7 350
Damon Tuscant 2076
Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delay. I was tied up with customers. Click on this link and see PDF pages 107 and on for the electrical diagrams. Check your fuses and relays as well as for any damage and corrosion in the wiring harness and connectors.Manual
For fuses, with the key on, use a test light to test for power on both sides probing the metal terminals on the top. Any fuses with power only on one side are faulty. Relays it is quicker to swap one at a time with a known good one. Test your batteries and alternator and inspect all cable connections and grounds. Let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I checked the fuse as I have that manual page. I have not check the relay as I didn't have a good one to swap out.
I will pick one up tomorrow. I wonder why the gauge are stuck like they still have power to them.
For standard relays sometimes i will grab the horn relay after testing the horn or headlight, etc and use that one for a test relay if a new is not available or on hand. As long as it is that style relay. I recommend testing all the fuses with a test light. If both check out, try a wiggle test on the harness to the gauges, etc to look for a poor connection or ground. If there is power and ground to the panel it is very possible the cluster has an internal problem. there is a company that repairs these.