Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

We have a Cummins T 1560

Customer Question

We have a Cummins T 1560 diesel engine in a carelift telehandler. The engine shut down just as if the key were turned off. The problem seems to be in the fuel pump wherein we are getting good pressure to the injector pump, but cannot get any pressure out to the injectors. We may have a valve that is not opening, or we may have a shaft broken in the injector pump. Could it be a valve not opening to turn on the fuel?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.
Hi Dave, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the complete engine model from the ID tag on the engine? What style injection pump do you have on this engine?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have not received any kind of an answer except to want more information, then I received a notice that my credit card had been charged the additional $52 and terminated the contact.
This is not acceptable. I am not satisfied with your response, that being no answer, and therefore will refuse to pay the additional $52. Further, I have attempted to log out and could not do that. I will temporarily terminate my internet connection. My credit card carrier will be notified not to pay the $52.
ill send this over to customer service..... I asked for more information so I can help you with you question. You did not provide all the information needed to help
Dave, Your problem could be the pump itself, shutoff solenoid, or a pump drive problem like you suspected but I can not see your machine or the pump etc. It is pretty important to know the engine information I requested to know exactly which pump you have.