Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Am considering purchasing ALTEC / AA600LMH with a damaged upper

Customer Question

Am considering purchasing ALTEC / AA600LMH with a damaged upper boom. Can you advise on average cost to replace (excluding cost of boom) and what complications may i expect?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will try to help. Can you upload some pictures of your boom truck and the boom damage? use the paperclip icon above.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am in states right now, bucket truck is in Guam. No photo is possible, believe me the boom needs changed. The replacement is available. I need to know the replacement cost as we are negotiating buying price for the bucket truck knowing the boom needs replaced.
Well If I were to have to estimate this job blindly I would estimate 3-4 8-10 hour days labor on it depending on other complications which could add more time. This will be unforeseen until it is apart. not sure what the labor rate is where you are but it is average of 100 per hour or higher here. You could run unto hoses and electrical problems and the hoses are special material for electrocution hazards. There can be more unforseen damage or worn parts once it is apart.I hope this helps.