Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling

Pearl, JA: What do you want help with? Customer: My

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What do you want help with?
Customer: My John Deere 650 tractor ran over an extension cord, which got tangled in the blades and shut the tractor off. I have since disconnected the mower deck and gotten the cord off, but the tractor will still not start. I turn the key and there is no sound, just the lights above the key come on. Should I be looking at safety switches? At first I could not get it out of gear after it shut off, but it is definitely in neutral now and it still won't crank. Any help would be greatly appreciated
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: The code?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Anything else I can tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm WayneI will help you with this what you are describing is a blown fuse or pTO switch wires came off or broke 1st check all fuses, if OK then check PTO switch here is a Pic what it looks likeclick here
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Wayne,
Thanks for your help. I checked the fuses, they are all good, but I cannot find the pto switch. Any idea where that is located? The wires from the fuse box end at this switch, which was jumpered. There is another wire going to what I thought was a transmission safety switch by the gearshift. I was going to try and bypass that one but it seems like it is in neutral now
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay was at the VA Officeit should be in the engine housing or mounted to frame Wayne