go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.
35815791

Not sure if you got question as once i hit the

Customer Question

Not sure if you got my follow up question as once i hit the rate button the screen cleared before I hit send. My question is multi question really. My existing service person says if I am buying used to try and stay before the middle or third quarter of 2009 as the manufactures were ordered to put filtering devices on the trucks that have caused a lot of service work for operators. Now your opinion on that as well as I understand on newer models ( which years?) the bugs have been worked out. Thirdly in your opinion what other models should I consider and check out if I am looking for a day cab automatic tractor for training. Let me give some info re Crossroads Truck Training Academy Barrie. We have 4 highway full sized standard transmission International Tractor with sleeper and fairings etc. to train new AZ drivers on. The year of the tractors are between 2000 - 2003 . Now I have recently retired the 2000 international from the road but it has been good for training air break on in the yard. My theory re automatic day cab is for new nervous drivers it will be easier to start them pulling and backing a 52 foot trailer on an automatic. Once they settle down with some experience we move them to a standard transmission. Keeping in mind we like to train on a tractor that has good visibility for the driver so the long nose Pete wont work. The Day cab automatic will also work as a back up vehicle for training testing our D class student drivers.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 7 months ago.
Good evening
There is always the question on what to buy used. Your tech in some cases could be correct about pre 2010 products but the engines after 2010 are proving there worth plus it's good Education for up and coming drivers because once your done with them they will more than likely drive a truck that runs on Def
If you have anymore questions request a phone call and we can discuss it further
Good night