Jim, Technician
Experience:  U.S. Army Diesel tech. Owner of truck facility specializing in all diesel engines

I hooked up cat et and now my dash wont work no gauges no lights.

Customer Question

i hooked up cat et and now my dash wont work no gauges no lights. is there a way to reset
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: as i said i hooked up cat et and dash quit working engine starts and runs fine just no dash gauges or lights
JA: Anything else I can tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jim replied 6 months ago.
Hi Welcome to JA! My name is ***** ***** I Will try to assist you.What is the year make and model of the your truck?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2006bluebird all american school bus
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
c7 acert cat motor
Expert:  Jim replied 6 months ago.
Hello again, we will try the simple step first, we will disconnect your battery cables for 10 - 12 minutes and reconnect, this should reset the vecm. Let me know how you make out