Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

N14 Cummins in kenworth t600 1993 JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

N14 Cummins in kenworth t600 1993
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Injectors are not getting power
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! Not one injector is getting power at all? Have you checked the engine position sensor to make sure it is getting the signal back to the ECM? Is the ECM powering up? May I get the ESN off the engine tag? You have 2 10 amp fuses for the ECM. Make sure both are not blown or one not blown. You have to have both for the ECM actuation. CLICK HERE for the ECM/engine diagram to pin test the ECM for power, grounds, and signal from the engine position sensor.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ecm is powering up. I have tried 3 different ecm's. Should I check all the injector harness. Only tried like 2.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
Check for power out of the ECM to the harness as well as the engine position sensor. The engine position sensor is what tells the ECM to send the injectors the power. If the ECM doesn;t see it, the injectors won't get power sent to them. That is why I recommended to check it and make sure there is a signal going out and a pulse coming back, or ohm test or even a quick continuity test to make sure that sensor isn't the issue. Yes, I would check the injector harness as well. Make sure it isn't pushing any oil through it especially at the back of the engine. Iv'e had to replace several of them from oil getting into the harness.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can we continue tomorrow when I am around the truck
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
Certainly. I'm closing up the shop right now as well.