Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Cat c13 thermostat replacement JA: We'll do all we can to

Customer Question

cat c13 thermostat replacement
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: my engine is making like a white paste in the tube where you pout the oil
JA: Anything else I can tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: thats the problem that wihte paste
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Unfortunately the white paste you are seeing is engine coolant. When there is engine coolant leaking into the oil, a white paste will develop in the engine. I am sorry. I wish I had better news.
To troubleshoot I like to drop the oil pan, then pressurize the cooling system and look for the coolant leak.
It can come from the water pump, a head gasket, a leaking cylinder liner, or oil cooler.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we just make that but it doesnt show nothing, the coolant level is not going down, we got that the air tanks are getting oil, it could be something in there?
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information.
Unfortunately I have not ever seen anything other than coolant in the oil cause this. Sorry. Even though the level is not going down much. It does not take much coolant to do this.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.