Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.

Pearl, I have 08 mbe 4000 and every morning just after starting

Customer Question

hi Pearl, I have 08 mbe 4000 and every morning just after starting I observe
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I observe water dripping from the DOC muffler for 3-5 minute, about 1/2 cup, in the day time engine burns ( no leeks ) 1 g. of water, please help me
JA: Anything else I can tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I just change radiator, was licking & that way I have water to flash the system
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Is the engine losing coolant?if so one of the biggest issues I have seen in the past is a fault with a cylinder head gasket leaking needing replaced.I have had to replace several of these before for issues like this here.I have also seen other issues like injector cups leaking allowing water/coolant into the exhaust.This will have to be checked into/tested further to locate the source of the fault then from there repaired to correct this issue.In some cases this can require a coolant pressure tester to locate the fault for repair here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete