Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Buying motor home with Cat 625 HP serial jumber SDP05641. Any

Customer Question

Buying motor home with Cat 625 HP serial jumber SDP05641. Any issues with engines in tha catagory or serial number range? I know there have been problems with that type of bi-turbo engine due to emmissions
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Yes unfortunately the SPD C15 engines have a lot of trouble. The emissions systems on this engine are very problematic. I am sorry. I wish I had better news.
The regeneration system that cleans the diesel particulate muffler has reliability issues. The system fails often and needs expensive parts to repair.
I wish this was not the case but it's the truth. If you could find another motor home with pre emissions engine. You will be much happier with the engine.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.