Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2006 columbia keeps shutting down replaced all sensors, sounds

Customer Question

2006 columbia keeps shutting down replaced all sensors, sounds like someone is turning off the key lose all power for 3 4 seconds and then turns back on again I have checked everything possible and am at a loss as to what to do next HELP
Henry
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! What engine do you have? Why did you replace the sensors? Did you have codes for them? What codes do you have now? What sensors were replaced? When you stated all of them, you did every single one on the engine? There are a lot of sensors on the engines.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
60 series these are the sensors fuel temp sensor, throttle position sensor, air sensor, tried a different ECM but there was no difference when put on computer read EGR Vavle not responding fuel temp sensor input voltage high Throtte plate data invalid
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is all the info we have
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! You'll get code from the newer ECM if you didn't program it to the truck because the EGR is different settings by 1 parameter difference. I learned that myself the hard way. Did you have the EGR code before? What about the harness. Any signs of issues with it? Good power connections? No voltage drop issues? No cut wires on the harness at all going to he ECM?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no cut wires for sure no code on ecm as i put the original back in no issue with the harness good power connections good ground
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.
The only thing that will keep the engine from running on the Detroits is the TRS and the SRS sensors. If they are not in SYNC due to bad sensors or bad harness, you will get the shut down. Also a blockage in the ECM cooling plate will cause it as well. It is not often, but it happens quite a bit. There is a check valve in the plate itself. Try bypassing the plate and if you run, then replace the plate. If it still acts up, then start checking for fuel aeration. Sometimes you can see it in the tank. Since there are no codes, that leaves power to ECM, fuel aeration, fuel blockage, a bad return fuel pressure regulator dumping fuel off and not keeping the fuel pressure up, or a bad SRS and TRS sensors.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hank is going to go out and check what you have just said will get back to you shortly
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.
Okie dokie.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.Did you still need assistance with this?