roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks
Experience:  Shop Froeman for Freightliner Trucks
3506196

I have a 2006 freightliner m2 ext. cab and my air compressor

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2006 freightliner m2 ext. cab and my air compressor light is on and the warning buzzer is on.
The truck does not have air brakes
I believe I have the wabco system in the truck
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 8 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist you may not have air brakes but you have an air system that operates other items. if the light and buzzer are on, you may have a clogged dryer filter, an air leak somewhere or the air compressor itself may have failed. has anything been done yet or checked?? Roy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi not much has been done , I do not hear any major air leaks , when the system does operate , I found the cab level sensor arm disconnected the other day I reconnected the linkage arm and everything worked ok for about 1 day then on Sat. I started the truck and the light and buzzer stayed on again. I sometimes can hear air puttering out by the , what I think is the compressor at the bottom , i push up on what looks like the relief valve and the puttering stops, however the light and buzzer still stay on
ok, thanks. it sounds like the purge valve at the dryer is exhausting. common failure. if it is bad, it does it constantly. I would start there and replace that valve. pretty easy to replace. you need a screw driver and snap ring pliers to replace. do you have an air gauge??? if so, what pressure do you see?? Roy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No pressure guage on the truck, maybe I will install one, I will change the purge valve on Mon. ,,, let you know the results
ok please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy